Is there a String Resource equivalent in RPM?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 27 23:29:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 11:15 -0800, Daniel Yek wrote:
> I guess a less-optimal compromise is to repackage the RPM only, without
> rebuild the binary tar ball, so that files can be modified or added before
> repackaging.
>
> What is the least effort, best practice?

If you want to _add_ files, it's best to ship them in a separate
package. If you're thinking of separate codecs, for example, that's
probably the best way to do it.

Modifying files sounds wrong, unless it's just configuration stuff which
could be done in %post. What exactly are you trying to do?

--
dwmw2