whatever happened to the Alt+F2 installer shell?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu Jan 4 12:23:17 UTC 2007

Dan Horák wrote:
> Thomas M Steenholdt píše v Čt 04. 01. 2007 v 12:45 +0100:
>> David Woodhouse wrote:
>>> It's not the network driver -- it's dhcp. Set the address manually and
>>> it should work OK.
>>>
>> That doesn't seem to do it.
>>
>> On the Alt+F3 message screen, I get
>>
>> WARNING: no network link determined on eth0
>
> There used to be a problem with networking on RHEL (or FC) virtual
> machines on VMware where the pcnet32 driver was reporting that there is
> no link. The workaround was to disable the link checking in the network
> startup scripts.
>

> 		Dan

That was fixed in the kernel ages ago. Also this problem appears on the
  virtual e1000 adapter as well as on my physical box with e100, so this
does not appear to be the cause of the problem here. But it was was the
same bug I was thinking of initially, when suggesting that it might be a
regression in the pcnet32 driver.

/Thomas