Fedora 7

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 4 21:53:40 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 16:22, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> It would be consistent to have something like
>
> Fedora Desktop (GNOME edition) and
> Fedora Desktop (KDE edition)
>
> It's confusing and discriminatory to call one of the spins as the
> desktop when you have more (which is likely to increase) than one
> desktop oriented spins.

That's too many chars for a Volume ID, so it has to be a bit more terse.
Perhaps the isos could be named that, but I don't want () in iso names.

We are discriminatory by nature.  We choose what we want in our package
collections, we choose what we want on our isos.  Its no mystery that Fedora
is a Gnome centric distribution, and it should be no surprise that the Fedora
Desktop spin is Gnome based.  What community folks choose to name their spins
is of not much concern, so long as it makes sense for that spin and doesn't
trample any trademarks.  Should we go down the route of Fedora Desktop
(GNOME/Firefox/evince/OpenOffice.org/gaim/compiz/emacs edition)?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora