Fedora 7

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 15:06:21 UTC 2007

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 03:16:04PM +0100, dragoran wrote:
>
>> so we need a everything DVD "Fedora 7 Complete"
>> mirros can have the iso file and loopback mount it to get the "normal
>> tree"  saving diskspace. but I doubt that many mirror will do it.
>> we could also ship it only over bittorent.
>>

> Many of those packages are just going to need to get updated to the latest
> versions over the network eventually. If you've got the bandwidth for
> bittorrent, you've got the bandwidth to do a network install.

I have a 6Mbit flatrate thats not the point, I have many boxes (4) (not
connected to the internet) they should be able to be updated to.
also I think a media install is faster(I prefer hdd installs but since I
am using md raid its no longer possible) and safer than a
networkinstall(or even worse update) over internet.