Fedora 7

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 6 17:06:46 UTC 2007

David Zeuthen wrote:

> Not sure what you had in mind (examples?) but it's not exactly true
> (which is an understatement) though of course relations between RH
> employees and non-RH employees wanting to help out too can be improved.
> We always tell people to help out upstream; the only patches we carry
> are for defaults really. It's just like the kernel, we tell Fedora
> people to hack on kernel.org kernels.

Fedora-desktop list is not getting much traffic. All of the desktop team
  plans usually happen in a internal list and is completely opaque till
it  hits the development tree. One of the problems with that is it
wrongly appears that there is no desktop development work going on
within Fedora.

Very few folks participate here or in any fedora list but that isnt a
problem isolated to one specific team. Please consider having regular
open irc development discussions, post meeting minutes updates, as many
of the sub project like extras,ambassadors, infrastructure etc have been
doing.

Also the only plan for the GNOME desktop spin (not talking about KDE
spin as Rex Dieter is the owner) listed is the detailed spec about fast
user switching. Other than the new icon theme, do we have additional
things to look at?  Telepathy? PulseAudio? There has been several other
things discussed in earlier releases and now such as evaluating init
replacements, codec buddy, GDM early login, stateless linux. home user
backup etc which the team might want to keep track of.

Rahul