Fedora 7

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 6 17:13:13 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:

> KDE doesn't *need* fixing, it isn't broke.  Konq already (can) display as
> Konqueror Web Browswer

Yes. I am aware of that which makes Jesse Keating's argument about
Fedora following upstream a weak one.

> IMO, the fact that other apps (and gnome) in Fedora does this
> differently by abusing
> Name=
> vs.
> GenericName=
> in .desktip files is bad/wrong/silly/bug.  As long as I have any input
> on it,
> * KDE will not go down that road, ever.
> * Packaging Guidelines should be updated highlight/avoid such abuse

I dont particular care where the bug is. Inconsistency in approach
between desktop environments is probably a bug which should get fixed
anyhow. I think you have mentioned earlier on a few occasions that you
were planning to get the guidelines altered to avoid this problem. That
should help.

Rahul