Fedora 7

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jan 6 17:23:46 UTC 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 12:13, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I dont particular care where the bug is. Inconsistency in approach
> between desktop environments is probably a bug which should get fixed
> anyhow. I think you have mentioned earlier on a few occasions that you
> were planning to get the guidelines altered to avoid this problem. That
> should help.

You're still thinking in Fedora we want to alter the upstream to make it look
like Gnome, or vice versa.  When in reality, they should look like upstream.
We put a lot of effort into getting the upstream gnome to work the way we
think it should, whereas KDE we don't have that kind of presence.  We
shouldn't be stomping on their software in our distribution, it should stick
to upstream.  That's WHY there is choice, as the KDE upstream doesn't
necessarily agree with the GNOME upstream on how things should be done.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora