Fedora 7

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Jan 6 19:51:30 UTC 2007

David Zeuthen wrote:

>> This has been a problem of attitude.  Your recent attempt to subvert the
>> community driven Fedora 7 art creation process with heavy-handed "This
>> is my job" authority is just yet another example of this.
>
> It is my job to maintain the artwork packages and, yes, I'm deeply
> troubled by the attitude on that list. That list is a place where the
> guy with the biggest stereo wins (e.g. democracy, not what we do).

fedora-art-list is not a democracy, but rather a meritocracy.  The vast
majority of the work there has been done by volunteers, with Máirín
Duffy doing most of the community outreach and communication.  Not
everyone there has equal decision making power.  Those who have done
work and gained respect from others gain greater authority.  From merit,
some clear community leaders have emerged like Nicu Buculei.

Is this not how a Fedora Project should be run?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2006-December/msg00178.html
The Fedora Project Board decided, the community process is to be
followed and the result of that will be used in Fedora 7 pending the
Board's approval.

This is NOT YOUR DECISION.  This is the Board's decision.

> That's not a way to get the best result so of course I'm concerned. It's
> my god damn job to be concerned about that.
>
> If you want to discuss further take your fucking conspiracy theories off
> list and mail me directly.

I will discuss this in public, because the Fedora Project should be
transparent and open.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com