Fedora 7

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Jan 6 20:35:04 UTC 2007

Le samedi 06 janvier 2007 à 14:38 -0500, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 20:25 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > 1. people can not interact directly with all the upstreams Fedora
> > builds on (do you? not just the parts you're working on but all the
> > other bit you use).
>
> It's not that bad really; desktop-devel-list at gnome.org ,
> xdg-list at freedesktop.org and so forth. Just reading people's blogs are
> often enough.

Create a Fedora Desktop Team planet then. Right now there is no
identified Fedora Desktop Team web presence (like there was for the rh
labs in a long-forgotten era)

> I'm not saying we're perfect, just that most members of the RH desktop
> team is focused on upstream work because.. that's where the decisions
> are made. That's just reality. And one Fedora mantra is to do things
> upstream. (It's interesting that the kernel people don't take the same
> flame as us for this attitude)

That's because davej has done an awesome job communicating on both ends
(upstream *and* fedora-side). He's not an upstream developer that
happens to be paid by Red Hat, he always pays attention to both agendas.

Likewise ajax seems to have no problem being the Fedora guy upstream and
the xorg guy on Fedora channels (following in mharris steps)

> True. This discussion is way to heated so I can see I wasn't being
> constructive there; apologies to those that felt hurt. Sorry.

You're taking the heat for all the Fedora Desktop Team members we don't
ever see Fedora-side, don't take it personal.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot