Fedora 7

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 20:04:48 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, dragoran <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > On 1/4/07, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> And, what would a release be without features. We've identified
> >> 28 features that we'd like to include in the release, available
> >> at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/Features:
> >
> > Two more things:
> >
> > 1) Is there any plan to have some sort of Fedora recommends hardware
> > of manufacturer X,Y,Z? I'm not thinking of hardware certification,
> > just recommendations. I think this would be very beneficial.
> >
> we should create some sort of hw db where people can check which hw is
> supported by fedora and which not

That's great. I don't even ask for the word 'support' to be used, I
would be happy with:

* works with clean fedora (no binary blob drivers or firmware required)
* works with non fedora worthy firmware
* works in Linux, but not Fedora ready (or clean enough)
* no idea
* doesn't work

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud