Fedora 7

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 20:01:38 UTC 2007

On 1/8/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 07 January 2007 06:47, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > Two things here:
> >
> > 1) Is there going to be further effort towards a minimalistic install
> > as official release option? I seem to here/see people asking for a 1-2
> > CD media install option (as in they can safely download only the first
> > two cd isos and get a Fedora install up)
>
> Yes, one, two CDs are the size mark for these spins.  Without X we could get
> really small with the Server spin, but we'll see where we go.

For a server cd, I don't mind doing yum install xorg and xfce is
necessary post install, however. That brings up the other point where
I notice that a lot of usefule/semi useful commands have no man pages.
(I guess I should take the initiative and at least writeup a script to
search these apps up) one example would be lshal (recently found out
about it)

[ snip ]
> > > - Make LiveCDs as a part of the distribution release process
> >
> > Any insight if these LiveCDs will be an adequate replacement for a Knoppix
> > CD?
>
> We hope so.  We'd like it to be even better than the Ubuntu live CD.

The only live CD I'm familiar with is Knoppix, but I'll assume from
your comment that the Ubuntu live CD is as good or better.

> --
> Jesse Keating
> Release Engineer: Fedora
>

> --