Grub 2 and FC7?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jan 8 11:35:49 UTC 2007

I tried out grub 2 and was able to boot my system, so it isn't totally broken.
However, it did not seem to recognize my raid devices when booting and kept
putting me into rescue mode. Loading the raid module didn't seem to help,
as ls just showed the normal partitions and the floppy drive. However, since
I am using raid 1, I could use the partitions normally. This allowed me
to load the configfile module, so I could go into normal mode and then
do linux, initrd, and boot to boot my system.
The grub 2 documentation is very scarce and I can't tell if I just have
something set up wrong or if my problems were do to an actual bug.