Fedora 7

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 17:35:17 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 16:47 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> can we add this to the list:
> make yum/pirut able to install software from media (cd/dvd) ?
> This was on the TODO list since FC5 is out and its still not fixed
> I know that this works by setting up a local repo but this isn't really
> a option (for new users) and requiring a broadband connection to install
> software will let some users switch to <insertdistrowiththisfeature> or
> even back to windows.

It's one of the big-ish things I'm hoping to get done; I have the start
of poking some infrastructure down into yum lying around from right
after Thanksgiving, I need to just flesh it out and send a proposal to
yum-devel on how it should work.  I'll try to add it to the wiki list
later today.  Of course, that depends on if I ever finish reading my
mail ;-)

Jeremy