Fedora 7 (Everything installs)

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 18:10:45 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 14:24 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Once upon a time Sunday 07 January 2007 2:11 pm, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > >
> > > computers still come with floppy drives?
> >
> > Some do, there are USB floppies too.
> >
> > I wouldn't be opposed to having a set of kickstart config files on the isos
> > too, interactive of course, but I'll wait for those to be submitted.
>
> What would be nice for kickstart files on iso's namely DVD iso  is pre-defined
> installs  for  postfix mail server, sendmail mail server, mysql database
> server , postgresql server   etc.    Ones that install a predefined set of
> packages. but have the user set partitioning, root password etc.

That I think is where a Ferdora Server spin would add a lot of value: if
it came with the tools that are necessary to set up various 'server
personalities' (for lack of a better word)

There's a good amount of overlap with this idea and the 'virtual
appliances' that everybody likes these days. From a sysadmin's point of
view, the two should be very similar.

David