F7 KDE spin

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jan 8 23:17:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 23:02 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> However work should be done to prevent having 2 or more applications
> on the spin which do the same thing.
> eg. having konversation and ksirc on the spin (a bad idea)

On a live CD this would be true (and I hope you KDE guys will send
patches for a fedora-livecd-kde subpackage once the fedora-livecd SRPM
is imported into Extras^WThe Fedora Package Collection) but in a spin
(e.g. well-defined subset of packages in the Fedora Package Collection)
I think it's fine to have multiple programs with overlapping
functionality.

A spin, as I see it, will define what options people have in the
installer and it's not unlikely some people want to choose konversation,
some people want xchat (or not, thinking out loud) and others want
ksirc. A default install, however, should only choose one. But that's
all at the discretion of the Fedora KDE spin maintainers I suppose.

Then again, I know little about KDE, just offering my thoughts on the
subject. Thanks.

      David