rawhide report: 20070108 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 16:29:54 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 11:23, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/linux-2.6.20-rc4.tar.bz2
>
> (Just to disprove this argument, you could push it a tad further and
> suggest to distinguish between .tar.bz2, tar.gz & zip source archives in
> rpm versions)

While there is a tarball there, you'll see we're not using it in our kernel
package.  Using the stack of patches has other bonuses, being able to opt out
of some of them, possibly easier to integrate our patches into the mix, etc..

So our package really isn't the 2.6.20-rc4 release, it's 2.6.19 plus all the
patches that is leading up to 2.6.20.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora