Fedora 7 and enabling updates repositories at install time

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Jan 9 16:34:59 UTC 2007

> On Tuesday 09 January 2007 11:17, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > So, are we ready for this?
>
> Has there been any testing with this using FC6 installs?  You can enable any
> repo, what kind of problems / success have people been having with this?

I've done a few kickstart installs on Xen guests using Extras + Updates
and it has worked well:

url --url http://<localmirror>/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/
repo --name=extras --baseurl=http://<localmirror>/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/
repo --name=updates --baseurl=http://<localmirror>/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/

However, when I tried to add the updates repo during an interactive
install Anaconda complained about not finding a comps file.  I don't
recall if it worked or not because I had some other issues during the
install and I redid the install without bothering to enable the updates
repo.

One other thing that I've noticed is that I don't think that it's
possible to modify the Extras repo that is preconfigured for you.  I
would want to point Anaconda at a local (private) mirror so that I
wouldn't have to re-download the packages that I want to install.

Jeff