Sound effects issues

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 21:01:43 UTC 2007

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> As suggested by David Zeuthen, here is the post about sound effect for Fedora
> desktop.
>
> Some desktops users notice Fedora does not have its own sound effects
> theme because it use the generic theme from Gnome. I wonder if there is
> a sound artist willing to develop a sound theme for Fedora.

Usually the case is "just do it" and propose it, but given tight
schedules and other priorities it might be too late for Fedora 7.

I dunno, maybe if you *wow* everyone with an amazing theme and everyone
likes it real soon it might be possible.  But this is doubtful.

>  I also wonder if there is a possibility to support .ogg and .flac for
>  the sound effects as the current version only use .wav. It is odd that Gnome
>  doesn't support these open source format.

For this part of your question, this really must be handled upstream as
the code for it would need to be included there first.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com