F7 KDE spin

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Wed Jan 10 04:27:30 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 16:42, Rex Dieter wrote:
> OK, I've slapped down a quick-n-dirty laundry list of items off the top
> of my head to get started on the F7 KDE spin:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraKDE
>
> Folks are welcome to contribute, criticize, add-to.
>
> -- Rex

   1st - Great!!! Thank you.

   I assume that one can still do things like
     yum install evolution
   with the kde spin ?

   2nd - firefox should probably be included or easy to yum install - its the
de facto standard.

   3rd - whilst I use kmail (kontact) and mostly like it I have some
reservations - i am using it - almost exclusively - but:

        (a) it crashes (segv) a lot (imap) - bugs happen but response to fix
things like this is very slow (bug reported july 2006 bug #128593) - this
response to fix bugs worries me - its still in the same state. In fact, the
only comments are to mark other bugs as dups - ie zero (zarro??) progress in
fixing this critical bug ... and I think this may not be abnormal.

        (b) it cannot reply to html formatted mail without destroying the
mail. In practice this makes it very hard to use in the corporate world.
This has been an open request since err 2004 (bug #86423) - html is a fact of
life - kmail is the only graphical MUA which cannot handle html. Even outlook
does this right!

      So I somewhat reluctantly suggest evolution be added or easy to yum
install for practical reasons - this may drag in some gnome libraries which
is fine in my (obviously personal and biased) view. As long as folks can just
install this anyway it probably doesn't matter. Evo is far from perfect too
but ...

   Thanks again ...

gene/