F7 KDE spin

Lamont Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Wed Jan 10 06:01:35 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 01:03pm, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton <pemboa <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > As far as I remember those pull in a lot of gnome applications. It
> > would be great if the KDE spin had the firefox patch to get it to use
> > the KDE file browser.
>
> If that requires building a completely separate Firefox for the KDE spin,
> it's probably not going to happen.
>
> Currently, not even openoffice.org-kde is being built and that could be
> done as a separate subpackage (containing only the KDE integration bits,
> and requiring the main package), unless this has regressed in OO.o 2. (It
> used to be a separate package in OO.o 1.) It probably requires changes to
> the main executables though, so it can't be built like some of the plugins
> currently in Extras are (though I'd love to be proven wrong there ;-) ).

SUSE is building the -kde sub-package for OpenOffice 2.  It's in openSUSE 10.2
and installed by default (if you select KDE for the desktop).  I think F7
should ship it, too.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.