Install nothing people

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 01:58:00 UTC 2007

On 10 Jan 2007 18:52:00 +0100, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:

> DB> Was it just last week that we had the 'install everything' people
> DB> here? Now we have the 'install nothing' people. ;-)
>
> Did anyone call?
>
> I'm just hoping that there'll be a minimal spin or premade kickstart
> file or something. All I need is enough to run yum -- or at least rpm
> -i http://..../yum-... (So basic ethernet IPv4 networking and rpm)
>

> /Benny

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but along the line of a minimum
install, considering that after installing FC, generally, near half
the packages need updating due to feature and devel freezes, how about
a bare minimum spin....just enough to get to the internet, hit
fedorasolved.org (via browser) to check for important
messages/notices. Then do a yum/piruit update/install. Purely from my
gut feeling, lacking any scienntific checking, it seems that one may
actually use less bandwidth to get a complete (customized) desktop or
solution.

Call it Fedora Base

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud