Fedora Server Spin

Yanko Kaneti yaneti at declera.com
Sun Jan 14 12:08:54 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 12:11 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> > I beg to differ. You know, when you've installed your slim install and
> > trying to get to the repos but you can't for some network reason. You
> > better have the tools to find what's going on.
>
> Tha's why those tools should be on the CD, but not installed in the
> default case.

Having to go back to the CD (or any other install media) for basic
troubleshooting tasks seems like a stretch and rather counter-intuitive
to me. Its not what I imagine "base" to be.

So, yeah, if everything is fine you probably won't need these right
away. But its hard to imagine a server admin not needing these tools
sooner or later, so I see no point of not having them installed other
than grasping for straws space savings.

Cheers
Yanko