plans for long term support releases?

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Wed Jan 17 12:54:13 UTC 2007

Thomas M Steenholdt <tmus at tmus.dk> wrote:

[...]

> Indeed. And I have no problem with things changing, as long as they
> keep working.

You /do/ know that this is a contradiction in terms, don't you? If you
change things, they are sure to work differently, and that means breaking
for somebody. The only way to make sure it won't break for you is you
checking it out in your environment with your usage pattern.

>               But let the updates flow for a longer period of time for
> a branched version we could call Fedora LTS (or sumthin).

If upgrading gets painless, it won't matter. But living at the bleeding
edge means pain...