plans for long term support releases?

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Thu Jan 18 14:26:58 UTC 2007

Ola Thoresen <redhat at olen.net> wrote:

[...]

> But i really do not look forward to the upgrades from RHEL4 to RHEL5,
> where we get 5 years of upgrades in one go.

It's not that bad, only 2+ years. The real problem is for people with EOLing
RHEL (2 currently?)...

I do prefer keeping up to date by pieces (as you say), and not big bangs
changing everything in one go. But then again, we are working with people
whose policy is to install RHEL 3 (the original one) /and not ever update
anything/. I shudder thinking what it will take in a few years when
upgrades can't be put off any longer...