Long term PIM solution

Anuj Verma (Kevin) kevin.verma at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 12:45:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 07:32:29 +0000, Anuj Verma (Kevin) wrote:

> Even if we consider Evolution for a long term PIM solution, how well is
> Phone/PDA sync & NNTP client coming along in sight ?
>
> I understand that is negligible for Thunderbird as of now.
>
> Considering Gnome-Pilot, it does not support non-Palm devices and seamless
> Bluetooth & IR integration also becomes blockers.
>
> Notably there had been significant improvements over the time, but this is
> just to point out.

I looked back into Sync applications a bit, Multisync had been there for a
while, that provides sync plugins for: Evolution, IrMc, WinCE/PocketPC,
Palm etc. refer- http://multisync.sourceforge.net/news.php

Mutlisync transformed into Opensync in mid of 2006, but seems to have a
stalled development as of now.

In the world of devices like (d)i(e)pods, multifunction Phones/PDAs etc.
such an application should be of high interest for not just Fedora but any
Linux distribution.

I hope the present plugins are working well as expected ? I'll love to
test some myself soon. Any ideas ?