New VCS Choice; SCM SIG

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 23 03:08:08 UTC 2007

On 1/22/07, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right but we're talking at cross-purposes.  What I mean is, are we using
> these now with the fedora-extras and fedora-core dist-cvs?  If so, what
> are the commands you're running to do that?
>
> Although we talk about branches with dist-cvs, there's no cvs branches
> in the repository that I'm aware of.  So I'm wondering if Karel has some
> commands that he's using now or if this is a "If we use real branches in
> the next SCM, it'll give us the ability to do operation Xyz in a better
> way."

We should also keep in mind that we can do whatever we want to with
this SCM.  If we discover a method of version control that is
excellent for package management, lets use it.  I guess what I'm
trying to say, without sounding like "that guy" is.... Lets think out
of the box and not be afraid to try new things.

:: barf ::

               -Mike