Support for mysql++ in Fedora?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 23 12:37:37 UTC 2007

Bruce Keats scripst:
> I am willing to do get it into the extras, but I am new to Fedora's
> packaging guidelines.  Are they documented somewhere?

As said before http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines and you
should certainly read once more
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors to be familiar with them.

> If I do the work then can the mysql++ RPMs be included in the FC5, FC6,
> etc releases?

It depends on how good packages you will create and whether they will go
through review smoothly.

> As well, where do the binary RPMs come from?  Do I build them or is
> there a special build system that creates the binary RPMs once the
> source RPM is created?

Well, both -- you have to certainly build them yourself for testing, but
actual bits which go to Fedora are built by plague
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Plague but don't with that yet
-- you have some way to go before you get there. Just start on the top of
the page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/Contributors and go down.

Matej

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
like an elephant.