CNR on Fedora?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Jan 23 19:15:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 12:20 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 12:04, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> > Have they actually talked to anyone in Fedora about this yet?

> First ive heard of it so i doubt they have talked with anyone.  if they had it
> would have come up before now.

The FAQ claims they have, in the usual manner of corporate secrecy. If
true, let the flames begin.

> cnr.com makes it look like they plan to add extra stuff to what in Fedora
> already . http://www.cnr.com/screenshots.html  shows how they say it will
> work.
>
> > If they're usurping our packages and repos, then we have a problem...
> That could be a very big problem.

Hmmm, the last image, plus the bullet point of having server farms with
phat pipes in the FAQ, says they *do* in fact intend to completely
bypass our mirrors, repos *and* yum. Not good. Will their tool be
checking for our package signatures?