experimental boost-1.34.0-0.5 rpms

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 10:33:23 UTC 2007

I've uploaded a src.rpm for boost-1.34.0, yet unreleased, to my people
page.

http://people.redhat.com/bkoz/boost-1.34.0/

I'm hoping to get some feedback on this rpm, and boost packaging
changes, before checking this in to rawhide. In addition, I'm curious to
see if there is anybody who would like to help maintain this package. Neal?

Changes:
1) switch to boost build v2, attempt to remove as many build patches as
possible.

2) building/distributing the -mt variants, and the resulting library
name changes for libboost_thread to libboost_thread-mt.

Unresolved:
1) More regression failures than acceptable, IMHO. Waiting for the final
release seems like a good idea, but since that might be a while still, I
thought I'd get a head start on the packaging issues.

2) boost book currently not building

3) version of SONAME, if any

best,
benjamin