KDE4 being packaged

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Jan 24 17:15:38 UTC 2007

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>>Well, I just started packaging kde4 based on kevinkoefler's work.

> Did you make any progress on this front?  Or is anybody else packaging
> KDE4 for Fedora?

We had made a bit of head-way, but the work as-is included some
quasi-ugly hacks to enable parallel installation with kde(3).

In the meantime,
1.  work is ongoing (upstream) on the parallel-install problem
2.  F7 KDE-spin plans, FUDConBoston2007 preparations
came up, which has me leaning toward letting these items resolve and
sort themselves out before putting in more time/effort into kde4
packaging efforts.

-- Rex