/etc/init.d in the default $PATH ?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jan 29 11:14:12 UTC 2007

TMS> It that case, I guess it could be argued that bonnie++ could
TMS> perhaps be more rightfully placed in /usr/bin instead?!?

My most-used /sbin-command without root privileges is /sbin/ip. I wish
that one was in /bin, perhaps along with ifconfig for the nostalgic.

Back when there were normal users on the command line, it made sense
to have the /sbin vs. /bin distinction, but these days normal users
stick with the GUI. The rest of us need access to the stuff in /sbin.
I support the move of basically everything that isn't a daemon to
/bin.

/Benny