Adding modules to Fedora's kernel package

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Jan 29 21:47:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 02:45:38PM -0700, Topher Fischer wrote:
 > Is there a standard process for getting things added to Fedora's kernel
 > package.  In particular, I'm interested in the hdaps modules (IBM's Hard
 > Drive Active Protection System).  I believe it has been in the stable
 > kernel since 2.6.14.
 >
 > Or, am I just thinking about this wrong.  Do uncommon modules not go in
 > the kernel package?  Do they usually get packaged separately?

It's been in the Fedora kernel since it got merged upstream.

$ modinfo hdaps
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.19-1.2895.fc6debug/kernel/drivers/hwmon/hdaps.ko
license:        GPL v2
author:         Robert Love
srcversion:     1C5A2654C3D15545ECF46D0
depends:
vermagic:       2.6.19-1.2895.fc6debug SMP mod_unload 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS
parm:           invert:invert data along each axis (bool)

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk