Adding modules to Fedora's kernel package

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 29 22:13:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 15:09 -0700, Topher Fischer wrote:

> I'm assuming that kernel packages I listed, the debug kernel that Dave
> listed, and your xen kernel are separate packages and might be
> different.  Am I making a bad assumption?  I was hoping somebody using
> the same kernel package that I am could verify.

They are all based off the same source.  Here's a stock kernel package:

[jwboyer at vader ~]$ sudo /sbin/modinfo hdaps
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.19-1.2895.fc6/kernel/drivers/hwmon/hdaps.ko
license:        GPL v2
author:         Robert Love
srcversion:     1C5A2654C3D15545ECF46D0
depends:
vermagic:       2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 SMP mod_unload 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS
parm:           invert:invert data along each axis (bool)

josh