export restrictions in EULA

Jason Corley jason.corley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:26:22 UTC 2007

I'm not sure what list this is really appropriate for, so apologies if
this is the wrong forum.  I noticed that the Fedora EULA still include
notes about export restrictions, specifically:

   "... understands that certain of the software are subject to export controls
   under the U.S. Commerce Departments Export Administration Regulations

Cuba, Iran, North Korea, etc. are all restricted areas.  Out of
curiosity how is that being enforced on the Fedora infrastructure end,
and how is that restriction handling passed to mirrors?  Is each
mirror required to implement their own set of restrictions?  Does a
Fedora mirror server in Canada (or some other non-restricted country)
sidestep that issue?  If so, doesn't that basically make the EULA
clause moot (from a once the dam is broken kinda perspective)?

Jason