To NX or not to NX

Louis E Garcia II louisg00 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 3 08:14:48 UTC 2007

I just checked my laptop which is a core2duo with 1 gig of ram. WinXP
reports PAE but fc6 installed non-PAE kernel. Would the PAE kernel be
better for me or should I stick with the non-PAE? Obviously I don't need
highmem support, will that be to much of a performance hit?

model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T5500  @ 1.66GHz

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm

-Louis