The cdrecord debate

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Wed Jan 3 17:06:40 UTC 2007

ons, 03 01 2007 kl. 15:49 +0100, skrev dragoran:
> Paulo Cavalcanti schrieb:
> >> for me it works using plextor 755A (as user and root). (but have not
> >> tested
> > with the current kernel release)
> >
> >> but for some reason cdrecord -scanbus does not work:
> >

> > You need to pass dev=ATA. The simplest way
> > is creating an alias like this, if you use tcsh:
> >
> > alias   cdrecord        'cdrecord dev=ATA \!*'
> >
> > /Paulo Roma.
> >
> thx passing dev=ATA works fine
> that means that I have no problems with cdrecord on my system.

You might not but that means everyone less smart than you will out of
the box, do we like the look of that situation?

Come people, burning should just work (tm)

- David

--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”