musicpd

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 15:15:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 19:10 -0800, Peter Gordon wrote:
> Exactly the case, as I understand it. It needs libmad (MP3-decoding
> library) an includes an internal copy of it in the main source tarball.

I've just had a look at the source (from subversion 4952 from ~ October
29, 2006) and there doesn't seem to be any internal copy of libmad in
it.  It does link to it, though it should be easy to pass the
"--disable-mp3" flag at compile time.

It seems there are really three choices here, and it's probably up to
the maintainer which he wants to do:
1. Move mpd to extras, disabling the mp3 input plugin and have
mpd-nonfree in the 'other' repository which provides the mp3 input
plugin (a la audacity and audacity-nonfree)
2. Move mpd to extras and don't provide mp3 input plugin at all
3. Leave mpd in livna with mp3 input plugin

What does the maintainer have to say?  He doesn't seem to have responded
at all to this thread, which means we'll probably be left with (3).

Jonathan