Fedora 7

Fabio Comolli fabio.comolli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 22:20:39 UTC 2007

On 1/4/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 January 2007 16:56, Fabio Comolli wrote:
> > So what about an 8GB DVD image with everything in it?
>
> Feel free to burn it, I'm not about to ask that the mirrors carry around an
> extra 8G per arch iso that just duplicates all the packages already on the
> file system, and would be used by a very very small percentage of the
> userbase.

I wasn't thinking of an "extra" 8GB: I was thinking of small ISOs for
people who use network boot and only an 8GB ISO for the distribution.

In this way you won't have to carry an ISO for "Fedora Desktop",
another on for "Fedora Server", "Fedora KDE" and so on.

Maybe in 8GB you can put both the i386 and x86-64 images, like
Solaris10 does for example.

However, it's just my 2¢ :-)

Fabio