Fedora 7

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 02:59:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 00:25 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On 1/4/07, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> > And, what would a release be without features. We've identified
> > 28 features that we'd like to include in the release, available
> > at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/Features:
>
> <snip>
>
> Nothing about anaconda?
> In particular, the partitioning phase is (more or less) the same since
> FC1 and not having something in place to resize an existing (most
> likely ntfs) partition is a big drawback when compared to other
> distros.

Handling resize nicely is going to require a bit of rethinking and
reworking of the entire partitioning interface (not to mention the
backend code).  Given resource constraints, there's just not really a
good way to get to something that's feature complete without losing big
pieces in time for the feature freeze at test2.

It's definitely something on the bigger picture roadmap for anaconda,
but this just isn't going to be the release where it's reasonable for it
to happen.

Jeremy