Fedora Desktop vs. Fedora Desktop {GNOME, KDE}

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Jan 5 17:09:09 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter schrieb:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 04.01.2007 22:22, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> It would be consistent to have something like
>>> Fedora Desktop (GNOME edition) and
>>> Fedora Desktop (KDE edition)
>>> It's confusing and discriminatory to call one of the spins as the
>>> desktop when you have more (which is likely to increase) than one
>>> desktop oriented spins.
>> +1 from me to this as a long term Gnome user that's not much interested
>> in KDE; but I know others are.
>>
>> This issue brings up a interesting question: Which board has the power
>> to influence and adjust this particular naming scheme in our new
>> "merged" world? FESCo or the Fedora Board?
> Sounds like the consensus (so far) is the Board.

BTW, in case it wasn't clear from my other mails: I actually agree that
the Boards is the best place for this sort of decision, as it's more a
political "big picture" thing. Nevertheless I think it's FESCo (or
better: it not yet defined successor) job to work out the details (maybe
in a FESCo-distribution-sub-committee) and present it to the Boards to
get an ACK from it.

>  You can now count 2 Board
> members (Rahul and me) for being in favor of this. (:

thx.

Cu
thl