Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 5 17:28:31 UTC 2007

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 1/5/07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> We *already* have both. Beryl is in Fedora Extras currently. With the
>> merge in place, the only argument is what should be the default and here
>> is where code quality does matter.
>
> And fedora packager reponse quality as well !

We cant change defaults just because the package maintainers within
Fedora dont respond. The solution to that is to post to this list with
bug reports to check on progress if there is none for a unreasonable
amount of time. This is one of the reasons why I have been advocating
weekly irc development meetings. Raise the issue there and solving it
should make it more transparent.

Rahul.