Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 5 17:40:50 UTC 2007

> Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> > On 1/5/07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >
> >> We *already* have both. Beryl is in Fedora Extras currently. With the
> >> merge in place, the only argument is what should be the default and here
> >> is where code quality does matter.
> >
> > And fedora packager reponse quality as well !
>
> We cant change defaults just because the package maintainers within
> Fedora dont respond. The solution to that is to post to this list with
> bug reports to check on progress if there is none for a unreasonable
> amount of time. This is one of the reasons why I have been advocating
> weekly irc development meetings. Raise the issue there and solving it
> should make it more transparent.

Careful.  There's lots of bugs that could pop up like that.  Without
some kind of "importance" system, you'll get lots of noise.  For
example, I have a vim bug opened long ago that has just sat there.  Is
it critical?  No.  Is it damn annoying?  Yes.

"Unreasonable amount of time" is subjective.

josh