Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 19:00:06 UTC 2007

alan (alan at clueserver.org) said:
> >Dear god no. Beryl is COMPLETELY INSANE.
>
> Why do you say that?  In my experience, Beryl has been more stable and
> easier to configure than Compiz.  I have not looked at the code, however.

beryl-settings.

  [ ] slowness fix

   Toggle this option if beryl is slow or choppy. On some cards, enabling
   it makes beryl smoother, and on others disabling makes beryl smoother.

The applet.

  Has an option to 'force nvidia, aiglx, or xgl'.

That was after playing for less than a minute.

So... maybe if all the UI bits were taken out and shot. :)

Bill