Fedora 7 (Everything installs)

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Jan 5 22:32:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 15:09 -0700, Dax Kelson wrote:
> [...]

While an "everything" install may have made some sense in the pre-Extras
days, it's just silly now.  There are so many packages in Core+Extras,
many of which duplicate functionality.  I mean you'll get at least three
SMTP servers (sendmail, exim, postfix), probably four or five window
managers/desktop environments, and who knows what else.

Jeff