Fedora 7 (Everything installs)

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 23:57:22 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 03:09:34PM -0700, Dax Kelson wrote:
> > >
> > >Eliminate the distinction between Core and Extras entirely.
> >
> > Can we please restore the 'Everything' install package selection that
> > RHL/FC had for years?
>
> Doesn't this boil down to running 'yum install \*' just
> after installation ?

I would suspect so. Your machine might explode soon after though :]

yum install \*.i386
and/or
yum install \*.`uname -m`
might make it explode less.
It is simple to do this once you have a net connection.

For those people who want "install everything" on removable media I am
wondering what removable media they are going to store "everything"
on?

Maybe a compomise would be to have an option to "install everything
available on media". That makes more sense than a straight "install
everything" in this yum-enabled-anaconda world. Kinda.

/Mike