Fedora 7 - Desktop and Server spins.

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Sat Jan 6 00:07:31 UTC 2007

> On Friday 05 January 2007 00:19, Naoki wrote:
> > Is the core problem simply one of space?  If all packages fit on HD-DVD
> > (Blu-Ray) for example then we no longer need separate spins? (forgetting
> > for now that there is no mass market penetration of said devices).
>
> Not space on medium, but amount to download.  Why should somebody download
> 8gigs worth for an install that would fit on one/two CDs?

If download size is the overriding issue, we should think about beefing
up repotrack and publishing recommended configs for its use for various
cases - if the differences in emphasis and audience for desktop and
server are the issue, we'd probably want to think beyond a pared down
package set.

David