Fedora 7

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jan 6 13:42:30 UTC 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 08:31, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> So why havent we fixed up the menu to be meaningful? Yeah right, because
>   we didnt have enough resources or we just have not cared. This is
> exactly the sort of things opening it up to the community and doing a
> targeted spin is supposed to fix.

Or it could possibly be that upstream doesn't WANT the menu to be "fixed".
Perhaps they don't agree with our views.  In Fedora we try to stay with
upstream, and make our changes there, or make sure our changes get there.
What we don't want to get to again is calling something KDE but changing it
drastically from what the upstream KDE looks/feels like.  That doesn't win
you any users, all it does is piss off the people who want the real KDE.

I'm tired of this argument already.  I'll call the spin whatever the board
decides they want it references as.  It shows up at installer boot time,
sometimes during the install, and whatever materials reference the iso set.
Not that huge of a deal, you have my opinion on the matter.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora