experimental 2.6.19 kernel preview.

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Sun Jan 7 13:38:44 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 10:22 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> ok now tested on my core 2 duo laptop (also using x86_64).

> what does this mean?
> I don't see it with 2.6.18 and I have not seen any problems because of
> it (yet)

you need to disable nmi_watchdog (by putting nmi_watchdog=0)
the code is just broken in recent kernels :(
(there's people in my team at Intel working on fixing this)

Dave: please disable nmi_watchdog by default in FC x86-64 kernels.. at
least until the worst bugs are fixed (but even then it makes little
sense to have it enabled anyway)