wiki reorganization

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sun Jan 7 14:20:07 UTC 2007

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 14:25:00 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 09:24:00AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Rahul Sundaram schrieb:
> > > Anticipating the upcoming merge of Fedora Core and Extras I have been
> > > removing the references to Fedora Core and replacing it with appropriate
> > > terms throughout the wiki but I would need suggestions on how to handle
> > > pages within the /Extras namespace.  Would moving them to /Packaging
> > > make sense? Can we considering dropping the ACL's in the packaging page
> > > and just add a note on top that changes needs to be handled by the
> > > packaging committee?
> >
> > +1 for moving most of the stuff to Packaging/ (¹) .
>
> I would against merging /Extras and /Packaging for the same reasons
> merging fedora-extras and fedora-packaging lists. The space under
> /Extras is more or less about everything, from organisational
> strutures over _Review_ Guidelines, CVS requests and a lot more. The
> Packaging area remained rather packaging (not package) focused and is
> mainly maintained by the people for the packaging committee.

The CVS requests, Repo requests pages should really move into the
ticketing system, where it would be possible to communicate with the
requester and where the requester would get notified when the request is
done. That doesn't work in the Wiki, because usually the page changelog is
the only place for notifications.