Grub 2 and FC7?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jan 8 07:53:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 22:26:10 +0100,
  dragoran <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >Are there plans to give an option to install Grub 2 in FC7? The Grub 2 wiki
> >now claims that software raid and lvm are supported, which are some nice
> >new features.
> >

> is it useable now?
> and if not what are the chances to get it working (no regressions) until
> the feature freeze?

I haven't tried it, I just noticed they now claim to be supporting a feature
I would like (being able to read file systems on top of software raid). One
of these is in 1.95 and one is in CVS which will be in 1.96, which was due out
a month or so ago according the their tentative release schedule.

If someone were to try to implement using grub 2 in fc7, I would be willing to
try a few things out with it. I have some scratch partitions for test installs
and could test it working at all, with software raid 1 and/or a simple LVM
setup on i686 hardware.